Thursday, January 3, 2013


Back to the UK again

31st July 2012

Alan was offered some off-shore work in Sakhalin, a Russian island north of Japan, which he decided to take but it meant a big rush for us to get the apartment cleared of all the fittings and fixtures from Moonfleet that we had stored whilst the refit was being completed. Working under pressure in the heat of Thailand is very exhausting. I was left to finish clearing the apartment because Alan had to leave for London a week earlier to apply for his Russian visa.
After an initial stay in London with our son Jules and his girlfriend Nicky I took Alan to Heathrow for his flight to Russia and then drove down to Dorset.  Once again our dear friends, John and Christine let me use the annexe to their house, a perfect little retreat for me, made all the more enjoyable having their good company at the same time having my independence.
The annexe is in Alderholt so very well located – my sister Joy only about 10 miles away and lots of old friends live close by.  It’s also ideally situated for the runs with the HOV Hash on a Weds evening, as they are located in a wide area around Salisbury.
Soon after I arrived I drove to Bristol to visit Alan’s mum who lives in an Abbeyfield Care home there.   Alan’s twin brother Keith and his wife Amanda live very close to the home so I stay with them which is lovely as I so enjoy their company
Bristol Festival



Amanda at the Bristol Festival which was located around the canals


Happy times with Alan's mum, Dotti, at a BBQ at Amanda and Keith's home in Bristol.
Hard to believe that Dotti is 92years old in this photo! 
West country singers at the Festival
Replica of old pilgrim boat that sailed to America, Bristol
Festival















No comments:

Post a Comment